At the beginning of October, the directors of the international subsidiaries travelled to France to take part in a seminar bringing together all the CHIMIREC Group's directors, and also to attend the official inauguration of the new CHIMIREC site at Aulnay-sous-Bois, in Seine-Saint-Denis (93).
For forty years, the CHIMIREC Group had been based in the neighbouring town of Dugny, just ten kilometres from Aulnay-sous-Bois, but had to leave its historic site to make way for the space requirements of the Paris 2024 Olympic Games.
Driven by his entrepreneurial spirit and development strategy, Group Chairman Jean Fixot decided to turn this unforeseen constraint into a forward-looking opportunity. After two years of work on the industrial wasteland left by the closure of the PSA car plant, the CHIMIREC Group now occupies a six-hectare site in Aulnay-sous-Bois, five hectares of which are devoted to its waste management site and one hectare to the offices of its head office.
A "model" site, spearhead for the CHIMIREC Group
Modern, streamlined, safer, and more comfortable to work in: the Aulnay-sous-Bois site has all the qualities and dimensions required for the CHIMIREC Group to embark on a new phase of development in the promising waste management market.
On the day of the official inauguration, October 5th, no less than four hundred guests were present to visit the new Aulnay-sous-Bois site. Situated on the outskirts of Paris and close to Roissy-Charles de Gaulle airport, the site is strategically located in the Paris region, with direct access for the CHIMIREC Group's international customers.
Alongside the management teams from CHIMIREC France and the directors of the international subsidiaries, most of the company's institutional, financial, and professional partners were present, as well as a large number of customers including Ciments de l'Atlas, a leading operator in Morocco, to which CHIMIREC Morocco in Kénitra supplies energy substitution fuel (ESF).
An investment for the future
- 6 hectares, including 5 hectares dedicated to the operating site.
- The entire site is built on a sealed area.
- 100 % of the operation is under a roofed building.
- 13 unloading docks.
- Sprinkler system throughout the building.
- Infiltration system for road and roof water, after treatment.
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) treatment plant for all treatment tools.
- 130 employees at the operating site.
Waste treatment and recycling activities
- Waste collection and consolidation.
- January 2024: opening of an Energy Substitution Fuel (ESF) production line.
- Capacity: 20,000 tonnes per year of ESF production.
- Global capacity: 69,000 tonnes of hazardous waste and 10,000 tonnes of non-hazardous waste.
Published : 2023-10-19